A. Description

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

A. Description.

Answer the following questions according to what you hear on the tape. Please use "," to divide the long number. The first one has been done for you.

1. What is the total number of commuters into central London between 7:00 am and 10:00 am daily?
Answer: l,023,000.
2. What is the number of commuters who travel by underground and what per cent it accounts for?
Answer:
,
.
3. What is the number of commuters who travel by British Rail and what per cent it accounts for?
Answer:
,
.
4. What is the number of commuters who travel by rail and underground? What per cent it accounts for?
Answer:
,
.
5. What is the number of commuters who travel by bus and what per cent it accounts for?
Answer:
,
.
6. What is the number of commuters who travel by car and what per cent it accounts for?
Answer:
,
.
7. What per cent of the rest commuters travel by motorbike and bicycle?
Answer:
.

Listening answers
This table shows the number of commuters into central London between 7:00 am and 10:00 am 
daily. The total number is 1,023,000. Of these, 405,000 travel by underground—that's 29% 
of the total, and 28% travel by British Rail—that's 391,000 people daily. 10% use both rail 
and underground, and 10%, 99,000 people, travel by bus. That means a total of 788,000 people, 
77%, on public transport. The remainder use private transport. 197,000 come by car and the rest 
come either by motorbike or bicycle. This means 4% come by motorbike or bicycle, and 19% by car.