E. Monologue

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

E. Monologue.

1. Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) This monologue takes place _________.

a. on the street b. in a taxi c. in a hotel
(2) The speaker is complaining about ___________. a. the coffee and the breakfast b. the hot and sticky weather c. a tricky taxi-driver
(3) She is talking to __________. a. the taxi driver b. another customer in the hotel c. a hotel maid
(4) The monologue takes place __________. a. in the morning b. in the evening c. at night

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
This is the first time the speaker comes to this city.
(2)
The woman has come to the city by plane.
(3)
She arrived in the city at about eleven o'clock the previous morning.
(4)
The woman didn't expect the car to be air-conditioned.
(5)
The driver drove for quite some time before they reached the woman's hotel.
(6)
Since the taxi driver told the woman his car had been Registered, the woman copied down the special registration number and made a note of his licence plate.
(7)
When the woman said "I don't suppose," she meant that she didn't believe that it wouldn't have made any difference whether she had made a note of the licence plate or not.
(8)
The hotel actually stood opposite to the station.

Listening answers

E. Monologue.

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)