A. Interview

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

A. Interview.

1. Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) This conversation takes place _________.

a. in Hotel Scandinavia b. in a medium-size restaurant in Finland c. in a small restaurant in England
(2) The relationship between the two speakers is __________. a. husband and wife b. boss and secretary c. interviewer and interviewee
(3) The woman is from _________. a. England b. Scotland c. Finland
(4) The location of her last position is ________. a. at Bon Appetit Restaurant b. at Hotel Scandinavia c. not mentioned in the dialogue
(5) The man is _________ of the restaurant. a. the Head Waiter b. the Manager and Head Waiter c. the Manager
(6) The man has asked the woman to come here late in the day because ________. a. he wants to see the woman act as a waitress for half an hour or so b. he wants to invite her to try the food in the restaurant c. the restaurant is short of hands in the evening
(7) The woman is going to have her dinner ________. a. at home b. in Hotel Scandinavia c. in this restaurant

2. Fill in the blanks to complete the following summary.
    Elina Malinen is a single woman. From
to
she worked as a waitress in a medium-size restaurant in
. Now she wants to work in
. In an
a man asks her some questions concerned with her past experience. In fact she will be working directly
him. She is expected to look after
tables. She would be responsible for
from the kitchen,
the drinks, and if necessary
. Her salary is
pounds
and a free
.

3. True or False Questions.
(1)
Elina wants to get a job in England because she wants to reside in England forever.
(2)
Elina used to work in a large restaurant which has forty tables, while this restaurant has only ten tables.
(3)
The restaurant manager always gets in some more hands in peak periods.
(4)
In her last position, Elina was busy only in summer.

Listening answers

A. Interview.

Elina Malinen is a single woman. From
to
. Now she wants to work in
. In an
him. She is expected to look after
tables. She would be responsible for
from the kitchen,
the drinks, and if necessary
. Her salary is
pounds
and a free
.

3. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)