A. Memories

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

A. Memories.

Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) to complete each of the following statements.
1. We met __________.

a. on a bus b. in a cinema c. at a party
2. I'd just moved to London ___________. a. because of my family b. because of my parents c. because of my job
3. In London, I __________. a. didn't know anybody b. had a lot of friends c. had some relatives
4. I was invited to a party by ____________. a. a colleague b. a neighbor c. a new friend
5. Everybody at the party was just ____________. a. sitting in small groups talking to each other b. dancing with the friend he or she already knew c. eating and drinking
6. I was feeling really ___________. a. happy getting to know so many people b. lonesome with nobody to talk to c. bored with the whole thing
7. An attractive girl was looking __________ among the people. a. bored b. excited c. happy
8. _________ to start a conversation. a. We went up to the bar b. I went to her c. She came to me
9. It turned out that ____________. a. we had nothing in common b. we had quite a bit in common c. we had something in common
10. That's ______________. a. the beginning of our acquaintance b. the end of our acquaintance c. how we decided to get married
Listening answers

A. Memories.

1. We met __________.