News in Detail

Listening audio
Listening level
Advanced

News in Detail

1. General Comprehension. Choose the best answer (a, b, c, or d) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) Mark your calendar for the next shuttle take-off for _________.

a. February 18, 1986 b. February 18, 1987 c. February 18, 1988 d. February 18, 1989
(2) The Agency had been planning to launch in 1986 __________. a. only five shuttles b. less than ten shuttles c. at least ten shuttles d. more than sixteen shuttles
(3) NASA ___________ to send a teacher into space. a. is holding a widely publicized competition b. had no specific plans until the Challenger exploded c. is making new plans for the early 1990s d. is not making any specific plans at the moment
(4) James Fletcher believes that civilians will be flying again ____________. a. but not in the first year b. probably in the first year c. until oppositions to the plan can be lessened d. until NASA is able to collect sufficient money for the plan
(5) The one program in shuttle mission that is more prominent than the others is __________. a. the military b. NASA space exploration c. the Hubble Telescope d. commercial business satellites
(6) The military program includes the following except ____________. a. military communications satellites b. the Hubble Telescope c. secret Star Wars tests
(7) All US commercial space cargo will in the future have to fly on __________. a. military rockets b. NASA space shuttles c. private industries' rockets d. rockets of foreign countries

2. Vocabulary Exercises. List all the words or phrases, from the selection, which contain the meaning of "sending off (the shuttle) into space."
Answer:

Listening answers

News in Detail

Answer: