Task 1: Twins

Listening audio
Listening level
Intermediate

Task 1: Twins

1. Choose the best answer (a, b or c) to complete each of the following questions.
(1) Where does the conversation most probably take place?

a. On the radio. b. On the phone. c. In the laboratory.
(2) When does the conversation take place? a. In the morning. b. In the afternoon. c. In the evening.
(3) What's the name of the programme? a. The World of Investigations. b. The World of Investigation. c. The Word of Investigation.
(4) What's the relationship between Laura and Sarah? a. They are sisters. b. They are twins. c. They are identical twins.
(5) In what ways are Laura and Sarah identical? a. In appearance. b. In personality. c. In life style.
(6) Which of the following statements is correct? a. The twin's mother often mixes them up. b. The twin's boyfriends often mixes them up. c. The twin used to have problems in finding boyfriends.

2. Fill in the blanks with information about the twins.
Name: Laura and Sarah
Sex:
Similarities:
    a.
    b.
    c. same
    d. same
    e. same
    f. same
Differences:
    a. Laura is single, but Sarah has a
husband and
children.
    b. When Laura was learning to type, Sarah was
.
    c. When Laura was writing articles for the
, Sarah was
.
    d. When Laura was in
, doing her first job for
, Sarah was
.

3. True or False Questions.
(1)
Laura is still single not only because she is busy, but also because she does not want to get married.
(2)
Laura and Sarah have different life styles because of the genes.

Listening answers

Task 1: Twins

Name: Laura and Sarah
Sex:
Similarities:
    a.
    b.
    c. same
    d. same
    e. same
    f. same
Differences:
    a. Laura is single, but Sarah has a
husband and
children.
.
, Sarah was
.
    d. When Laura was in
, doing her first job for
, Sarah was
.

3. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)