Depression is a psychological disorder in which a person is overwhelmed by an emotional crisis. Symptons of depression include feelings of hopelessness, sadness, and despair; loss of interest and pleasure in things; weight loss or weight gain; difficulty falling asleep or sleeping more than usual; lack of motivation; and loss of energy. Agrowing body of evidence suggests that several types of depression are linked to biological and environmental factors. In cases of mild or situational depression, the symptoms usually decline with a change of scenery or routine, or when the problem that caused the depression disappears.
The professor describes seasonal affective disorder - SAD. Explain how SAD is an example of depression.
- Some people like to take a break or to get a job during summer vacation. Others think it is better to take classes. Which do you prefer and why? 60
- Do you think computers are important tools for students to use? Why? Give details and examples in your response. 70
- Some people prefer to travel alone. Other people prefer to enjoy a tour group. Which do you prefer and why? 70
- What do you consider the most important characteristic in a teacher? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 60
- Using points and examples from the talk, describe the physical differences that animals had to adopt to when moved from water to land. 10
22 in 30
Some hesitations with 'ehn' in the speaking.