Depression is a psychological disorder in which a person is overwhelmed by an emotional crisis. Symptons of depression include feelings of hopelessness, sadness, and despair; loss of interest and pleasure in things; weight loss or weight gain; difficulty falling asleep or sleeping more than usual; lack of motivation; and loss of energy. Agrowing body of evidence suggests that several types of depression are linked to biological and environmental factors. In cases of mild or situational depression, the symptoms usually decline with a change of scenery or routine, or when the problem that caused the depression disappears.
The professor describes seasonal affective disorder - SAD. Explain how SAD is an example of depression.
- Some people like to read classic works of lietature. Others prefer watching film versions of the same stories. Which do you prefer and why? 60
- Some students like to take classes early in the morning. Others prefer having classes later in the day. Which time of day is better for you and why? Include details and examples in your explanation. 70
- Using points and examples from the talk, describe the uses of gestures and facial expressions in human communication. 70
- Talk about a new skill that you would like to learn. Use details and examples to explain your answer. 70
- Using points and examples from the talk, describe the duties of different types of managers in large hotels. 70
22 in 30
Some hesitations with 'ehn' in the speaking.