An important survival skill of animals is their spatial memory, the ability to remember objects based on their relationship to other things in the environment. Animals use their spatial memory to make a list of paths leading to various goals. Navigating b

Speaking topics in audio
Speaking topics in text

An important survival skill of animals is their spatial memory, the ability to remember objects based on their relationship to other things in the environment. Animals use their spatial memory to make a list of paths leading to various goals. Navigating by landmarks, such rocks or trees, is a simple but effective procedure. An animal learns from experience that turning right at one landmark and then left at another will lead to its destination. Some animals can recognize a landmark from different directions, making it possible to find their way to a familiar goal even when approaching from an unfamiliar direction.

The professor describes the behavior of a species of bird. Explain how the birds' behavior illustrates the concept of spatial memory.

Speaking recording
Speaking category