Using points and examples from the talk, explain how learning art can impact a child’s
OK. Young children and art. Research suggests that learning art skills can benefit a
young child’s development. Two of the ways it can do this is by providing a platform
to express complex emotions and by encouraging persistence.
What do I mean when I say “a platform to express complex emotions”? Young
children have limited vocabulary. How would they communicate the feeling of pride,
for example? A drawing, though, making a drawing of feeling proud . . . this is something
a young child could do. A little girl might draw herself jumping up in the air next
to her bike. In the drawing, her arms are raised up in the air and she’s smiling. Children
can draw to communicate their emotions, whether positive or negative, through
the drawing—mm—better than they could with words.
And encouraging persistence? Art skills can help children to develop patience and
concentration to persist in an activity . . . the willingness to keep trying to reach a goal.
So, suppose there’s a little boy who wants to mold a lump of clay into the shape of a
car. The first attempt doesn’t look too much like a car. He’s disappointed but wants to
try again. The second, third, fourth try still don’t look quite right, but there’s improvement
with every attempt. After some time, he gets to the point where he’s satisfied
with his creation. The newly shaped clay car is an instant reminder of an accomplishment—
a success resulting from his persistence. The boy may be able to transfer this
lesson toward other situations and activities because he’s had the experience of successfully
accomplishing a goal through hard work.
- Choose a place you go to often that is important to you and explain why it isimportant. Please include specific details in your explanation. 90
- The Hierarchy of Needs Abraham Maslow developed the theory of the human being s Hierarchy of Needs He created a pyramid of basic human needs At the lowest level are basic survival needs such as food and shelter If a person satisfies that level then the in 90
- Some students would prefer to live with roommates. Others would prefer to livealone. Which option would you prefer and why? 90
- Some college students choose to take courses in a variety of subject areas in orderto get a broad education. Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order tohave a deeper understanding of that area. Which approach to course selection doyou thin 90
- Professor: Because America is such a large country, it took a while before everyone in all areas could really share a common culture. When America was first being settled, people traveled thousands of miles to settle new areas. There was little communicat 80
27 in 30