IMD MBA Scholarships for Students from Africa and Developing Countries-2014 Switzerland

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 08/19/2013 - 11:04

IMD MBA ScholarshipsThe International Institute for Management Development (IMD) Business School Switzerland offers the following Merit and Need-based MBA Scholarships for Students from Africa and developing countries in 2014

• Nestle Scholarship for Women (Need-Based)
  • Van Oord MBA Scholarship (Need-Based)
  • IMD MBA Future Leaders Scholarships (Merit-Based)
  • Jim Ellert Scholarship(Need-Based)
  • IMD Social Responsibility Scholarship(Need-Based)

Eligible Field of Study: Masters in Business Administration

About IMD Scholarships: IMD- International Institute for Management Development is a nonprofit Business School located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is widely considered one of the world’s pioneers in Business education and consistently ranked as the top and very business school worldwide.

The IMD MBA scholarships aim to help you finance your year at IMD. You need to have already submitted your admissions application to the full-time IMD MBA program to be considered for one of the scholarships, and will only be awarded a scholarship if you are accepted into the program.

IMD MBA candidates who can demonstrate financial need may also apply for IMD loans (maximum financial aid awarded CHF 65,000).

Essay: The scholarship applications are essay based, with winning essays(Maximum 750 words) typically including the following features:

• Relevance to the essay title
  • Organization and structure
  • Fully developed arguments
  • Persuasiveness
  • Personal element and/or passion

Nestlé Scholarship for Women (CHF 25,000 scholarship)

The Nestlé Scholarship for Women first awarded in 1997, was initiated by a group of IMD MBA participants who wanted to encourage women to take the MBA. The need-based scholarships aim to help women from developing countries finance your year at IMD.

Essay Topic: ‘Does diversity in management impact the bottom line? If so, how?’ (maximum 750 words)

Van Oord MBA Scholarship (CHF 30,000 scholarship)

Scholarship is open for applicants from Developing countries whose advancement / progress has been strongly influenced by its seaside location, struggle against the water, maritime tradition, river transportation system, etc. Preference is given to those who wish to return to their countries after graduation and to those with a technical background and / or experience related to marine engineering.

Essay Topic: “How the seaside location of my country can be better used to contribute to economic growth and sustainability?” (maximum 750 words)

IMD MBA Future Leaders Scholarships (CHF 30,000 scholarship)

IMD MBA Future Leaders Scholarships are awarded to three candidates from any part of the world each year who demonstrate leadership understanding through an essay competition.

Essay Topic

• ‘Leadership in an era of Globalization’ (maximum 750 words)
  • Include in your essay the criteria that you would use to select a future global leader, and why

Jim Ellert Scholarship (CHF 20,000 scholarship)

Scholarship is offered to candidates from Africa, Central & Eastern Europe (including all former Soviet republics), and the South-Eastern Asian Peninsula (Thailand, Myramar, Cambodia, Loas, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia) who have already applied to the full-time IMD MBA program and who demonstrate strong financial need (with preference given to women)

Essay Topic: ‘Why I would like to do an MBA at IMD’ (maximum 500 words)

IMD Social Responsibility Scholarship (Living Expenses + CHF 45,000)

The social responsibility scholarship is offered to a talented social entrepreneur or candidate working for an NGO in an emerging country and who would like a top international MBA to expand your horizons so that you can go back and make a difference.

Scholarship Type: Need/Merit based Scholarships for students from developing countries

Selection Criteria: Applicants must have been accepted into the IMD MBA program prior to their application for scholarship.

The scholarship applications are essay based, with winning essays typically including the following features:

• Relevance to the essay title
  • Organization and structure
  • Fully developed arguments
  • Persuasiveness
  • Personal element and/or passion

Eligibility: The scholarship is offered for men and women from developing countries and Worldwide with preference given to women in some programmes

Candidates who have already applied to the full-time IMD MBA program and who demonstrate financial need

Preference is given to those who wish to return to their countries after graduation.

Number of Scholarships: Several

Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the masters programme

To be Taken at (Country): Switzerland

Application Deadline: The deadline for all IMD MBA scholarship applications is 30 September 2013

Offered Annually: Yes

How Can I Apply: Submit MBA Financial Aid Application Form (from link below)

Visit the Scholarship Webpage http://www.imd.org/programs/mba/fees/scholarships/index.cfm

Sponsors: Scholarships are sponsored by different organization in collaboration with IMD

Important Notes: Scholarship essays, or questions, should be sent to mbafinance@imd.ch