MSc Studentship for UK-EU and International Students at Myerscough College in UK 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 10/29/2013 - 14:02

Myerscough CollegeEligibility: As a minimum requirement, applicants should have, or expect to receive; a second class (upper division) honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in a related discipline. Relevant experience in the sport physiology is desirable.

Subject: Various Courses

Level: Pursuing MSc by Research level at Myerscough College

How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post.

Provider: Myerscough College and The University of Central Lancashire

For Which Country: UK

For Whom: UK/EU and International Students

Description: Applications are invited for a full-time MSc (By Research) Studentship at Myerscough College within the School of Sport, Tourism & the Outdoors. The successful applicant will be based at the Centre for Research in Sport Performance, Myerscough College. The studentship is tenable for up to 1 year [subject to satisfactory progress] and will cover the cost of tuition fees at UK/EU rates plus a maintenance grant of £9,000. International applicants may apply but will be expected to pay the difference between the UK/EU and International Fee Rate. The successful applicant will start on 1 January 2014.

This Project AIMS to:
i) Establish the difference between physical loading in small sided football games, e.g. 3×3,4×4, 5×5.
ii) Establish whether functional equivalent physical loading is experienced during match play and small sided games.
Further work may:
iii) Assess the adequacy of small sided games by positional demands.
iv) Develop new football training games strategies which more closely replicate the demands of match play.

Number of award(s): Not Known

Duration of award(s): Scholarship will be offered for one year.

What does it cover? The studentship will cover the cost of tuition fees at UK/EU rates plus a maintenance grant of £9,000. International applicants may apply but will be expected to pay the difference between the UK/EU and International Fee Rate.

Selection criteria: Not Known

Notification: Applicants proposed interview date is 20 November 2013.

Deadline: 30th October 2013.