Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships in Canada for Developing Countries 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 10/25/2013 - 04:09

Trudeau FoundationDescription: Trudeau Foundation offers Doctoral Scholarships for Canadian Citizens and Foreign Nationals (with preference to developing countries) to study Social Sciences and Humanities at Canadian Universities 2014/2015

Accepted Subject Areas: Social Sciences and Humanities related studies

About Scholarship: Each year, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation rewards outstanding doctoral candidates who are enrolled or about to be enrolled in a social sciences and humanities program and who are doing research in areas related to the four themes of the foundation. This award, the most prestigious of its type in Canada, has continuously attracted the very best scholars in the social sciences and humanities, individuals with a passion for public engagement and who are likely to become leading national and international figures.

Scholarship Offered Since: 2003

By what Criteria is Selection Made: 

• Have a track record of academic achievements on par with the highest standards of the world’s most prestigious doctoral scholarship programs
  • Possess exceptional skills that will enable the Scholar to engage in lively exchange with other researchers
  • Intend to work in an area related to one or more of the Foundation’s four themes and have an expressed desire to contribute to public dialogue

Who is Qualified to Apply:

• Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university

OR

• Be a Canadian citizen applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a foreign university

OR

• Be a foreign national [with a preference for candidates from the developing world] applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university
  • Present a research project linked to one of the four themes of the Foundation
  • Be nominated by a university

How Many Scholarships are Available: Up to 15 new Scholars are announced each year in May

What are the Benefits: The annual value is up to $60,000 per Scholar (including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) for up to four years

How Long will Sponsorship Last: For the duration of the program

Eligible Developing Countries: Students of developing countries

To be Taken at (Country): Canadian Universities

Application Deadline: Deadline for receipt of printed applications at the Foundation offices; December 3

OR

Deadline for receipt of digital applications at the Foundation offices; December 14

Offered Annually: Yes

Scholarship Webpage: http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/scholarships/

Sponsors: Trudeau Foundation