You are hereEssays on top list / Terms / IELTS

IELTS

• More and more people are relying on the private car as their major means of transportation. Describe some of the problems over-reliance on cars can cause, and suggest at least one possible solution. sticky icon

Nowadays, the number of those who depend on their own car to travel or to commute to work is on the increase, both in developed and in developing countries. This dependence leads to a range of problems which simultaneously affect citizens, cities and the environment and that should, therefore, be properly addressed.

• Prison is the best punishment for criminals. Discuss. sticky icon

Imprisonment is an issue which frequently generates a great deal of heated debate, with supporters maintaining that the best punishment for criminals is that put them in jail, whilst opponents claim that imprisonment should be considered carefully.

• The bar chart below shows the percentage of students who passed their high school competency exams, by subject and gender, during the period 2010-2011.*includes French, German and Spanish sticky icon

A glance at this bar chart provided reveals the percentage of students, divided by genders, passed seven different kind of subjects which are Physics, Chemistry, History, Geography, Foreign Languages, Mathematics and Computer science in high school competency exams between 2010 and 2011.

• As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom.Discuss and give your opinion. sticky icon

There is no doubt that the introduction of computer has changed the learning process. On the grounds of technical education, it has been a boon for not only the professionals, but also to the students who are responsible for inspecting particulars. However, I oppose the belief that computer will displace teachers in the near future, for several reasons.

• When people need to complain about a product or poor service, some prefer to complain in writing and others prefer to complain in person. Which way do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. sticky icon

Humans throughout their lifetime buy both goods and services. However, individuals generally tend to grievance when they realize that the purchased service is weak or scarce and there are several methods to do so. while many people opt to claim personally, others do it through written document. In my view, I honestly agree with the latest for a number of reasons.

• A growing number of people feel that animals should not be exploited by people and that they should have the same rights as humans, while others argue that humans must employ animals to satisfy their various needs, including uses for food and research. Di sticky icon

Animal rights is a topic which has become increasingly controversial over the last decades. The vast majority of people are of the opinion that animals exist for us to use. However, there is a rising number of people who argue that humans do not have the right to exploit them for their purposes. Personally, I believe that we should totally rethink the way we relate to other animals by acknowledging that they are individuals and not mere resources.

• It is generally agreed that society benefits from the work of its members. Compare the contributions of artists to society with the contributions of scientists to society.Which type of contribution do you think is valued more by your society? Give specifi sticky icon

It is true that everyone in today's society contributes in own manner to make the globe a better place including the Scientists as well as artists. However, while many individuals believe that an artist is more essential than a scientist for the human developing, others instead argue differently. In my view, I honestly believe that science has given more than the art and is still an important source of invention.

• Some people think that the government should fund music, dance and arts lessons for children. Others think that they should be funded by private businesses or by children's families. Discuss both views and give your opinion. sticky icon

The industry of music, dance and arts have been making an ever increasing popularity since the previous decades. These also have served many benefits to people and even to the host country itself where the artists originated from - economic growth and successful tourisms to name a couple. However, the real issue here is, to whom should the funds come from, for the people to get trainings? Some people believe that it should get fundings from the government while the others think that it is the institutions' or families' responsibility to pay for lessons.

• Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? sticky icon

Since the ancient days of humanity society has started diverging into distinct classes depending on person’s finances. That led to the imparity betwixt human beings, and as the gap between poverty and prosperity has started amplifying it became apparent that wealthy nations should share their means with deprived and resentful part of society. Though, there is a concern that the burden is borne by the governments of poor nations, and they should resolve the problem on their own.

• Hot books

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.

IELTS practice test

IELTS speaking

IELTS Listening

IELTS essays

Navigation