You are hereEssays on top list / Terms / IELTS

IELTS

• To learn a foreign language successfully you need to spend time in the country where the language is spoken. Do you agree or disagree? sticky icon

Language - A way to communicate, convey and understand. In earlier times learning a foreign language could get tough due to unavailability of appropriate tools and methodology. To be honest, this statement stands true to its word even today. Even if there are proper tools & methods available, a person has to literally adopt a foreign language in all aspects i.e. reading, writing and most importantly speaking. Unfortunately, this is only restricted to the boundaries of a classroom.

• The cost of international travel is decreasing and tourism is increasing in many countries. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the rising trend of tourism for countries?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your ow sticky icon

A common maxim has in marketing policy that if the demand of wares is high then the price of the product can be a less. Nowadays, same thing is true for travelers; the cost of transportation, accommodation and meals are in wane because of excessive tourism. However, some drawbacks have behind this trend but it brings benefits elsewhere.

• You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.Write a letter to your manager. In your letter Explain why you want to take time off work.Give details of the amount of time you needSuggest how you sticky icon

Dear XYZ,

This letter is with regard to our conversation yesterday about my planned holiday. I would like to inform you that I have been involved in the project’s activities for the past 5 months and have been working at least 52 hours per week including weekends. During this period I have failed to spend quality time with my family and I strongly believe that I am burnt out now. As the project’s last milestone is approaching day after tomorrow, therefore, I would like to apply for a vacation and go on a holiday to relax myself and be with my family.

• The table below shows the figures (in thousand) for imprisonment in five countries between 1930 and 1980.Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below. sticky icon

A glance at the bar chart provided elucidates the data on the figures of incarceration in five major states namely Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, United States and Canada over an interim of half a century from 1930 to 1980. It is apparent, although erratic the trends for almost all patterns remained on the plateau.

• Without capital punishment (the death penalty) our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? sticky icon

These days there is an extensively held perception that extreme penalty of the law, in particular through death is the only warranty of safeness amidst citizens. Although, the notion concerning the essentiality of death penalty is becoming vogue topic, hereinafter I intend to argue that capital punishment is not the only tool, and as following there are other alternatives to control brutal acts in society. Tow of the principal reasons for this are as follows.

• 'Provocative adverts have no place in a civilised society.' Discuss. sticky icon

It is true that citizens of a democratic country must have freedom of speech and expression. Same holds true for advertisers. However, in my opinion, by using some creative ways instigative advertising must be controlled to a certain extent or else such adverts may lead to various serious problems, such as, religious riots, civil unrests and sexual abuses.

• It is generally agreed that society benefits from the work of its members. Compare the contributions of artists to society with the contributions of scientists to society. Which type of contribution do you think is valued more by your society? Give specif sticky icon

Scientist and artists play pivot role in the growth of the society. Their immense contribution helps many people to achieve their dreams.

Your rating: None Average: 7.5 (2 votes)
  • You have recently moved to a different house.Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:-explain why you have moved.-describe the new house.-invite your friend to come and visit. sticky icon

Dear Abby,

How are you my friend? I hope everyone is well. I apologize for my late response from your last letter as I was pretty busy lately. I mentioned to you before that I accepted the job offer outside the city area and I am about to start on Monday, Sept 21st. For the last 2 months, I need to search for a new place near my work area and fortunately I found the perfect one!

• 'The older you get, life becomes more difficult.' Discuss. sticky icon

Age is not constant, everyone has to grow old one day. Some argue that it is better to grow old and relax after getting retired. However, in my opinion, as you get over a certain age, you have to face a lot more problems in your lives, such as health related issues and financial troubles.

• Hot books

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.

IELTS practice test

IELTS speaking

IELTS Listening

IELTS essays

Navigation