Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu

Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent. Potential employers, looking at this dramatic rise in grades, believe that grades at Omega are inflated and do not accurately reflect student achievement; as a result, Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author advocates abolishing the feed back program under the pretense that it has given rise the unethical practice of teachers appeasing students to influence their feedback. If the contention were thought be true a number of factors would be needed to take in account.

Firstly the timing of the student feedback. If the feedback were taken before the exam results were published there is no reason for the professors to appease their students with better grades.

Teacher would have started taking their jobs more seriously after they learnt of student feedback program. Before the feedback process there was no direct way to evaluate a teachers effort in teaching leading to lackadaisical effort on their part. Student influence in teaching styles must have increased their interest in the classroom. Both of these factors contributing to a better scoring.

When employer perception of university students is concerned one needs to evaluate weather they have formally mentioned the aforesaid concern or is it just speculation.If it has formally been expressed then what steps the university has taken to debunk these misconceptions. For example they can have exchange of papers to be corrected with other nearby universities.

As far as comparing employment records with neighboring Alpha university we should take into account the rank difference between the two institutions. One should even consider that Alpha university might be offering some specialized course which is in high demand in todays market thus obscuring the direct comparison of placement numbers.

Though the claim aims to aid students by improving university reputation the author should find a way to circumvent certain flaws inherit in the feedback system rather than abolish it.

Sentence: The author advocates abolishing the feed back program under the pretense that it has given rise the unethical practice of teachers appeasing students to influence their feedback.
Description: A verb, past participle is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to given and rise

Sentence: Before the feedback process there was no direct way to evaluate a teachers effort in teaching leading to lackadaisical effort on their part.
Suggestion: Refer to teachers and effort

Sentence: One should even consider that Alpha university might be offering some specialized course which is in high demand in todays market thus obscuring the direct comparison of placement numbers.
Suggestion: Refer to todays and market

Sentence: Though the claim aims to aid students by improving university reputation the author should find a way to circumvent certain flaws inherit in the feedback system rather than abolish it.
Description: A conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to than and abolish

It is not right on the arguments.

Try this pattern:
para 1: introduction
para 2: argument 1
para 3: argument 2
para 4: argument 3
para 5: conclusion