the following appeared in a letter to the editor of a Batavia newspaper."The department of agriculture in Batavia reports that the number of dairy farms throughout the country is now 25 percent greater than it was 10 years ago. During this same time perio

the following appeared in a letter to the editor of a Batavia newspaper.
"The department of agriculture in Batavia reports that the number of dairy farms throughout the country is now 25 percent greater than it was 10 years ago. During this same time period, however, the price of milk at the local Excello Food Market has increased from $1.50 to over $3.00 per gallon. To prevent farmers from continuing to receive excessive profits on an apparently increased supply of milk, the Batavia government should begin to regulate retail milk prices. Such regulation is necessary to ensure fair prices for consumers."
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The memo above postulates that farmers receive too much profit for their dairy products. As despite of increase in the number of farms the price for milk has doubled for past decade an as a result prices need to be regulated to prevent farmers from getting too much profit. Unfortunately, the memo does not give any information about important factors that would prove that the argument is cogent, such as the increase in the number of population, the fluctuation of price and changes in milk production.

It is important to tell the entire picture before jumping to conclusions and we do not know how the population has changed during this 10 year period of time. It is quite possible that the population have increase three-fold and the number of farms have increased only by the quarter. Moreover, it could be the case that people started to consume more milk due to the understanding that it is so good for health. Also, it might be that the number of kids has gone up and which would increase the demand demand for dairy products.

Also, it is important for find out what was the price growth during this ten-year period of time. Inflation always changes prices of products and we have no knowledge of the situation in this regard. Inflation is called a hidden tax and it could go up 100% during this period of time, consequently, it is imperative to get the understanding of price-rise. In case the prices soured up three times as much and the price of milk per gallon has increased only two times the department of agriculture in Batavia needs not only to regulate the milk prices but subsidies milk farmers from going bankrupt.

Thirdly, it is an absolutely necessary fact to check how the production of milk has changed during this decade. For instance, farmers could implement the new equipment to produce milk or change rearing patters of cows, as instead of feeding cows in the barns, farmers could implement pasture-feeding and hire many cowboys to help out. Plus, the producers could decide to abstain from harming patterns that used to be in play before such as homogenization and addition of sugar. This new implementations could increase the quality as well as the price of milk.

As a result, the argument above in invalid without answering additional question in regards to population, price and production changes. It is absolutely necessary to provide additional information above mentioned patterns before jumping to any conclusions and actions.

Sentence: Also, it might be that the number of kids has gone up and which would increase the demand demand for dairy products.
Description: The fragment demand demand contains a repeated word
Suggestion: Delete a possible duplicate word:

Sentence: Also, it is important for find out what was the price growth during this ten-year period of time.
Description: The token for is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to for and find

argument 3 -- not OK. Need to argue against the conclusion: 'the author suggests that government should regulate the retail milk prices to establish fair prices for customers. This conclusion is flawed as it is based on the specious assumptions that the prices were not already fair. ...'