The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager."One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one

The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager.

"One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one-third of what it used to be. Although actual readings of water usage before and after the adjustment are not yet available, the change will obviously result in a considerable savings for Sunnyside Corporation, since the corporation must pay for water each month. Except for a few complaints about low water pressure, no problems with showers have been reported since the adjustment. Clearly, modifying showerheads to restrict water flow throughout all twelve buildings in the Sunnyside Towers complex will increase our profits further."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

Owner of Sunneyside Towers apartment complex (ST) suggests to his manger, to implement some strategy for all the twelve towers to reduce water bill, which has been already applied to first three towers. But in here, assumptions and solution suggested by owner is based on number of fallacious facts.

Firstly, according to owner of ST, they have restricted the flow of water to shower, apparently this will result in to lower water bill. But first objection is to this, even though water flow has been restricted to shower, is there any proof available to prove actual desired result has taken place. Further is there data available on this, which can state number persons using shower in tower one to three. Because if numbers are less then conclusion coming out of this may not be actual result.

Secondly, restriction of flow to one third as of before may not have any effect on water quantity usage. Because many residents, of tower one to three, may not use their shower at highest possible pressure, some may prefer to take shower at lower pressure. So here also effectiveness of restricting water shower flow may not have expected result. Also owner does not have actual data of usage of water before and after, which strengthen the above point.

Thirdly, as per owner, there are fewer complaint against low water pressure, but that does not mean people are happy with it. They might have waiting for society authority to take action against it. So in long run society residents may come to gather to oppose it. Also owner has failed to mention water bill system, so without knowing, how government charges for water usage, no one can predict lesser water bill for upcoming period. It may be the case, where government is charging for water usage with respect to number of people living in society instead of water quantity used by society. So in this case whole idea of lessening the water pressure, which may help to reduce water bill, will be in scrap.

So in nutshell, owner of ST has to reconsider some of assumptions regarding water pressure and it's effect on water bill, to come up with more realistic solution to reduce actual water bill.