The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population than did the

The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals.

"In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population than did the liquid hand soaps currently used in our hospitals. During a subsequent test of UltraClean at our hospital in Workby, that hospital reported significantly fewer cases of patient infection than did any of the other hospitals in our group. Therefore, to prevent serious patient infections, we should supply UltraClean at all hand-washing stations throughout our hospital system."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The argument that since UltraClean reduces harmful bacteria in greater numbers as compared to other liquid hand soaps and must hence be supplied at all hand washing stations may seem tenable at first glance. The director makes a valid argument, one that would have been true if all it's premises were correct. However the final conclusion is based on a large number of assumptions for which evidence is weak at best.

Firstly the writer reports that extra strength UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in bacteria while regular strength UltraClean produced only 20 percent greater red...

Sentence: The director makes a valid argument, one that would have been true if all it's premises were correct.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to it's and premises

Sentence: With this information in mind, one question that needs to be answered is, what cocnentration of UltraClean will be provided at hand washing stations?
Error: cocnentration Suggestion: concentration

Sentence: This would give UltraClean a competitive edge in the market and enable them to sell their prodcut faster.
Error: prodcut Suggestion: product

Sentence: However to conclude that UltraClean is the preeminet solution available may be a tad hasty especially with such little evidence at hand.
Error: preeminet Suggestion: preeminent

Sentence: The director would be well advised to first acquire a certificate of approval from a regulatory body, and then pubish results of the tests conducted, to further strengthn his claim and hence market his product
Error: pubish Suggestion: publish
Error: strengthn Suggestion: strength