Recent incursions by deep-sea fisherman into the habitat of the Madagascan shrimp have led to a significant reduction in the species population. With the breeding season fast approaching, the number of shrimp should soon begin to increase. Nonetheless, th

Recent incursions by deep-sea fisherman into the habitat of the Madagascan shrimp have led to a significant reduction in the species population. With the breeding season fast approaching, the number of shrimp should soon begin to increase. Nonetheless, the population should not return to the levels before the fishing boats arrived. Because this trend is expected to continue over the next several years, the Madagascan shrimp will quickly become an endangered species.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author of the argument states that there has been a substantial reduction in the population of the Madagascan shrimp and this is because of the incursion by deep-sea fishermen into their habitat and author also asserts that the Madagascan shrimp will quickly become an endangered species as the trend is expected to continue for the next several years. The author's statement is based on several assumptions made by him and there are no explanations given to buttress all the assumptions.

There are many points he should consider before coming to a conclusion. First, the real reason for reduction in the population of Madagascan shrimp is not stated clearly. There could be many reasons for decrease in population, and intrusion of deep-sea fishermen could be just one of them. Maybe some new factory has been recently established, and the factory disposes all its waste near the habitat of the Madagascan shrimp, which pollutes the water and increases the toxic level, which is leading to the decrease in the pollution of the Madagascan shrimp. Thus author should find out all the reasons which has lead to decrease in the population of the Madagascan shrimp.

Second, maybe the reason for the decrease in the population of Madagascan shrimps is something tractable and can be taken care of. There could be a possibility that, the Madagascan shrimps are dying because of the polluted water, then in that case an initiative can be taken to clean the water, which will help in restoring the population of the Madagascan shrimp. Hence, the author should analyze the reasons behind reduction the population of the Madagascan shrimp and figure out if there are any solutions to fix it, before concluding that the Madagascan shrimps will soon become endangered species.

Lastly, the author in the above argument has mentioned about the breeding season very vaguely. We do not have any idea about what happens in the breeding season, by what factor does the population increase during this season, and is that percentage greater that the Madagascan shrimp's mortality rate. There could be a possibility that the increase in the population of the Madagascan shrimps in the breeding season is much higher than the decrease in its population. Author should also mention about the total number of breeding seasons in a year, as it is really important in deciding the population of the Madagascan shrimps.

Hence, the author's supposition that the Madagascan shrimps will soon become an endangered species is flawed, because of all the aforementioned points.

Maybe some new factory has been recently established,
Maybe a new factory has been recently established,

------------------------------------

argument 2 -- duplicated to argument 1

argument 3 -- Not exactly. Need to argue against the conclusion:
Because this trend is expected to continue over the next several years, the Madagascan shrimp will quickly become an endangered species.
---------------------------------------