In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favourite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes lit

In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favourite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes little of its budget to maintaining riverside recreational facilities. For years there have been complaints from residents about the quality of the river's water and the river's smell. In response, the state has recently announced plans to clean up Mason River. Use of the river for water sports is, therefore, sure to increase. The city government should for that reason devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational facilities.

The argument states that due to Government initiation for cleaning the Manson River, the residents in Manson City can utilize river for water sports and use of river will be increased. But this argument doesn't take into account some crucial facts regarding usage of water, such as how many of recent dwellers are willing to adopt water sports as recreational activities.

Firstly, the argument informs that during a survey Manson City residents voted for water sports as their favorite recreational activities but it doesn't disclose the time of survey. Because it may be the case when this survey was undertaken there were many willing dwellers but with flow of time they moved from the city and new residents have started to live in the city. Therefore if one wants to infer about the impending increase in use of river for water sports, one has to inquest current scenario.

Secondly, the argument also indicates that Manson River is rarely utilized for water sports. On the basis of this information, one can't conclude that if Government takes a sagacious decision regarding the drainage system and adornment of riverside will make people enthusiastic for pursuits of water sports - it is not logically acceptable. Here one may opposes that utilization of river water may be affected for quality and pungent smell of river - it can't be admissible as residents have complained about this in recent years only. So, Government's initiation doesn't lead to inflate water sports in river-water.

In conclusion, the argument does little to bolster the conclusion about increase in water sports. One has to properly investigate about the current interests of people and other influences on usage of river.

Here one may opposes that
Here one may oppose that

Need one more argument.