You are hereAny leader who is quickly and easily influenced by shifts in popular opinion will accomplish little.

Any leader who is quickly and easily influenced by shifts in popular opinion will accomplish little.

shalukapil's picture

By shalukapil - Posted on 20 July 2013

A leader who get easily influenced by his surroundings and hence, changes his way of leading or his rules will get less. Or in other words, such a leader will hardly succeed. According to the statement, for accomplishing high a leader should have an aptitude to revolt against the cherished belief and bring some new believes for the public. The statement may seem true at first glance, but, the generalisation makes it false.

At the time of Independence in India, when Bhagat Singh and his followers were using the violence as their tool to get the Independence, that time Mahatma Gandhi did not influence by these ways and used his own way of non-violence. The whole India followed him in Satyagarah and the India got Independence from Britishers. This is an example where, a person did not get influenced by the popular opinions and hence, got the accomplishment.

But, do you think that getting an accomplishment depend on this factor? A leader may succeed by his noble acts and humanitarian tasks. Lets take an example of Mother Teresa, she did not get any influence of the society and people around her. It was just her noble acts and kind heart that made her to accomplish the love of people. Nelson Mandela , is an another example who considered black and white people equal. He did not revolt anyone and neither got influenced by any popular opinions. Still, he is considered to be an highly accomplished person. People respect him.

An-abortion law in Ireland and the right for the gays to get married in USA are the examples, where a leader is making the law without any influence and still, they are getting accomplishment from the world.

To sum it up, for a leader to get accomplishment, sometime he has to go by the general opinions and sometimes he has to revolt.

"Advertising with Cable Communications Corp. is a great way to increase your profits. Recently the Adams Car Dealership began advertising with Cable Communications and over the last 30 days, sales are up 15% over the previous month. Let us increase your EverGrowOld
116. The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of a large, highly diversified company.Ten years ago our company had two new office buildings constructed as regional headquarters for two different regions. The buildings were erected by two dif pookieeee sticky icon
Some people believe that government officials must carry out the will of the people they serve. Others believe that officials should base their decisions on their own judgment. maryam2900
The prison system is outdated. No civilized society should punish its criminals: it should rehabilitate them. sogol.gh
Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain. angel
"It is dangerous to trust only intelligence." parul
Argument essay Sree999
The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central amir.maafi
The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree computergem sticky icon
"Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country." - Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your pos Tim sticky icon

Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a Thupten Tsering GMAT/GRE
The following appeared as a letter to the editor of a national newspaper."Your recent article on corporate downsizing* in Elthyria maintains that the majority of competent workers who have lost jobs as a result of downsizing face serious economic hardship nbkru2f GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Claim: It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero. Reason: The reputation of anyone who is subjected to media scrutiny will eventually be diminished. untermrad GMAT/GRE
No field of study can advance significantly unless it incorporates knowledge and experience from outside that field. Neha Ghosh GMAT/GRE Issue Task
It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero. Vanan GMAT/GRE
The Smith Corporation should not be permitted to develop the land that is now part of the Youngtown Wildlife Preserve. This sanctuary is essential to the survival of the 300 bird species that live in our area. Although only a small percentage of the land NewNewNew GMAT/GRE
Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In de ronxyz GMAT/GRE
Issue : An ailing patient should have easy access to his or her doctor's record of treating similarly afflicted patients. through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat medical condition. santhoshkasa sticky icon GMAT/GRE
An ailing patient should have easy access to his or her doctor’s record of treating similarly afflicted patients. Through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat that medical condition. NewNewNew GMAT/GRE
Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning. - GRE Issue 119 six11 GMAT/GRE

"It is often asserted that the purpose of education is to free the mind and the spirit. In reality, however, formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free." Maulik Modi sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Claim: In order to help small businesses thrive, government should play a minimal role in private business matters.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, darsh sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free. Maulik Modi sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Maulik Modi GMAT/GRE Argument Task
"Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall st Atharva sticky icon GMAT/GRE Argument Task
As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate. singhya sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free. vp.sumit GMAT/GRE Issue Task
All too often, companies hire outside consultants to suggest ways for the company to operate more efficiently. If the companies were to spend more time listening to their own employees, such consultants would be unnecessary.Write a response in which you d ana-mika GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea. aminjavadi GMAT/GRE Issue Task
As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reason xiaoyangyangyangyang GMAT/GRE Issue Task

The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager."One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one Prutha Joshi GMAT/GRE Argument Task
"One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one-third of what it used to be. Although actual readings of water usage before and after the adjustment are n vp.sumit GMAT/GRE Argument Task

Sentence: According to the statement, for accomplishing high a leader should have an aptitude to revolt against the cherished belief and bring some new believes for the public.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to new and believes

Sentence: Nelson Mandela , is an another example who considered black and white people equal.
Description: An article is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular
Suggestion: Refer to an and another