Arguement: The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of th

Arguement: The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.
"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The paragraph is the memorandum from business manager of the television station. The business manager states various reasons about the time of telecasting the national and local news and the reasons for cancelation of advertising contracts by the agencies with the television station. The business manager states first reason that " our late night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news". The second reason by the manager is that "the complaints received from the viewers were concerned with stations coverage of whether and llocal news" and final statement is that " the local businesses that used to advertise during news program have canceled their advertising contract with them. Therefore to attract more viewers and to avoid losing contracts they want to restore the former time of the news".

The memorandum by the business manager clearly shows that there was lots of negligence are in television station. In a first reason the manager states that the time of national news has increased and decrese the time of the weather and local news. The business manager does not know how to do a television business. Whatever reason given by the manager is such a big mistake. Because it is true that the there are the viewer of a national news but that is not necessary to extend the period of national news and curtail the period of local news. And the timing is also a odd timing. Public want to news about weather report and local news when they want to start their day not when they want to end thier day. the news channel is only thinking about their profits not for the general public.

The second reason by the manager is that they are receicved the complaints from the viewers about the coverage of the weather and local news. It is obvious that if they are not cover the local area in their weather report and news then they received a complaints about them. But for the television station they should know the area which is in their local news. People want to know about their daily weather and local news because they dont want to face any kind of difficulty because of the less information by the news channels. For instance if Boston television station not give the proper weather report about the storms in any specific are in boston the the public faced more difficulties for their life.

And the third reason is stating by the manager is that the local businesses canceled their advertising contract with the television station and to attract the viewer and businesses they want to restore the time to its former level. This statement also is baseless because it is true that the advetisement contract are necessary for the television revenue. Therefore the sale of that businesses is necessary but if the television station shows the advertisement in late night, at that time 90% are people are in sleep. Therefore it is a waste of money in advertising ant thing at night.

In last to sum up the business manager should increased the time and coverage are of the weather and local news for attracting a local public is required.

Sentence: Public want to news about weather report and local news when they want to start their day not when they want to end thier day. the news channel is only thinking about their profits not for the general public.
Description: The word want is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to want

Sentence: For instance if Boston television station not give the proper weather report about the storms in any specific are in boston the the public faced more difficulties for their life.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: This statement also is baseless because it is true that the advetisement contract are necessary for the television revenue.
Description: The fragment the advetisement contract is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Sentence: In last to sum up the business manager should increased the time and coverage are of the weather and local news for attracting a local public is required.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to should and increased

Sentence: In a first reason the manager states that the time of national news has increased and decrese the time of the weather and local news.
Error: decrese Suggestion: decrease

Error: thier Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The second reason by the manager is that they are receicved the complaints from the viewers about the coverage of the weather and local news.
Error: receicved Suggestion: received

Error: advetisement Suggestion: advertisement

No. of Words: 535 350 (write the essay in half an hour)

It is unnecessary to list reasons in the introduction paragraph.

Read essays by top users:
http://www.testbig.com/users/sauvikb
http://www.testbig.com/users/ronaldo
http://www.testbig.com/users/computergem
http://www.testbig.com/users/okoronkwoac
http://www.testbig.com/users/rats21

and more:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre