Argument Essay"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year , fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year.And yet the percentage of positive reviews about specific Super Screen movies have

Argument Essay

"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year , fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year.And yet the percentage of positive reviews about specific Super Screen movies have increased in this year.Clearly,the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough to our prospective viewers.Thus the problem lies not in the quality of our movies but with the lack of awareness that good movies are available.Super Screen Movies should thus allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching public through advertising."

To increase profit is the most important issue among many companies around the world. In the preceding statement, the author claims that public is lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available and Super Screen should therefore allocate more money next year to reaching the public through advertisement. Though his claim may well have merit, the author presents a poorly reasoned argument, based on several questionable premises and assumptions, and based solely on the evidence the author offers, we cannot accept his argument as valid.

Primary issue with the author`s reasoning lies in his unsubstantiated premises. The arguer provides no assurances that the information he gives about the attendance is statistically reliable. He does not mention about any surveys or statistics. Lacking information about the number of people on which this data depends , it is impossible to assess the validity of the results. Also he mentions of the percentage but he doesn`t say anything about previous percentage. Maybe it is a tiny increase or there is not any increase at all. People of negative reviews might have not given their thoughts openly. The author`s premises, the basis for his argument, lack any legitimate any evidentiary support and render his conclusion unacceptable.

In addition, the author makes several assumptions that remain unproven. He assumes that there is no problem with quality but with not reaching enough of prospective viewers. There is no valid data showing this. It may be the quality why the attendance declined. He also assumes that public is lack of awareness but it may not be like this. People may be aware of the quality of movies at Super Screen but find them low-quality and prefer not to go. The author weakens his argument by making assumptions and failing to provide explication of the links between the problem and the solution.

While the author does have several key issues in his argument`s premises and assumptions, that is not to say that the entire argument is without base. With search and clarification, he could improve his argument significantly.

In sum, the author`s illogical argument is based on unsupported premises and assumptions that render his conclusion invalid. If the author hopes to change his reader`s minds on the issue, he would have to largely restructure his argument, fix the flaws in his logic, clearly explicate his assumptions, and provide evidentiary support. Without these things, his poorly reasoned argument will likely convince few people

Sentence: The authors premises, the basis for his argument, lack any legitimate any evidentiary support and render his conclusion unacceptable.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to authors and premises
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular or plural
Suggestion: Refer to legitimate and any
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to conclusion and unacceptable

Sentence: While the author does have several key issues in his arguments premises and assumptions, that is not to say that the entire argument is without base.
Suggestion: Refer to arguments and premises

Sentence: If the author hopes to change his readers minds on the issue, he would have to largely restructure his argument, fix the flaws in his logic, clearly explicate his assumptions, and provide evidentiary support.
Suggestion: Refer to readers and minds

Sentence: Also he mentions of the percentage but he doesnt say anything about previous percentage.
Error: doesnt Suggestion: does not

Error: evidentiary Suggestion: No alternate word

------------------