The arts (painting, music, literature, etc.) reveal the otherwise hidden ideas and impulses of a society.

The arguer claims that the arts can reveal hidden ideas and impulses of a society. As far as I am concerned, arts root in real life and beyond the range of normal life. From kinds of arts, not only can we appreciate the art and aesthetics, but we really can reveal implication and even impulses of a society behind the arts, so I basically agree with the arguer.

1. Since the arts originate from people’s real lives, they usually describe the feelings and attitude of individual in a society as well as reflect the live condition of people and the real situation of a society. They also tend to represent what people think and where a society will go. Take Van Gogh’s famous painting--potato eaters-as an instance. From this painting, people might reveal Van Gogh’s intense attention to express the misery and poverty of humanity as he saw it among the miners in his time.

2. More importantly, arts can reveal us other hidden ideas and impulses of a society. Sometimes, we must hide our thoughts in the society, and the art is one of the best ways to reveal those hidden ideas. Why a society or people may hide some ideas and impulses:
(1) Lack of democracy in a society, other flaws in our society
(2) Some ideas or feelings are so abstract and delicate to express explicitly.

3. Art is really one of the best ways to reveal those hidden ideas for the reason that there are so many ways provided by art to express our those hidden ideas:
(1) The imagination of life in the future: like the science fiction of Vernean
(2) The depiction of real life through imaginary way.
(3) Expression of personal feelings
(4) Unconsciously involves the value of the society Dali, Superrealism, Picasso, cubism

Need one more paragraph for conclusion.