"The best test of an argument is the argument's ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint." - Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you t

"The best test of an argument is the argument's ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint." -

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Arguments are a commonly used method by a person to present his views on a subject, including in an indirect manner the assumptions & logical processes that enabled him to arrive at that view. As such, since they represent opinions, arguments are always open to debate. A person will undoubtedly find both supporters & detractors, & the soundness & logic of his argument will determine which group is heavier in numbers. As such, I'd like to begin by saying that I fully agree with the argument presented in the statement - that, the best test for any argument is its ability to convince someone who ...

Sentence: As such, some opposers or detractors might abuse the opportunity of analysing the argument to attack the author personally - maybe calling into question his logical abilities.
Error: analysing Suggestion: analyzing

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre