College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

These days the most proportion of students prefers to select fields that are suitable for their later life in order to get appropriate job. They do not pay attention to their interesting and concentrate on the availability of jobs in the selected field. This approach makes an irreversible damage for both students and society that cannot be overlooked easily.

I do not like to support this idea that college students should focus on only certain fields that meet marketplaces demands without considering other factors. In some cases, college students have to choose a field of study that is related to the demands of industrial areas and overlook their interests due to economical problems. These kinds of students would not be able to be a successful person in their fields and face with several problems.

Furthermore, little by little students who select these kinds of fields will not be able to find job because the needs for getting jobs will be increased and graduated students should compete with each other. In addition, it is more likely that some students who do not like these fields have to abandon their education and waste the investment of their government. For example, the majority of students who lives in Iran prefer to select the field of engineering in order to get good job with high salary in their later life without considering their ability and interesting. They have to pass their courses with lowest point and waste their time in their university without any improving in their courses. After graduation, they will not be able to get decent job because their talented classmate occupied jobs.

On the other hand, there are specific majors that play important role on any society that should be taken into account like history, art and, basic science. Although these kinds of majors do not guarantee the availability of jobs, their consequences has long term effect on society. Therefore, college students should consider these fields of study as regards choosing their majors without concentrating on the availability of decent job. Students should pay attention to importance of situation of certain fields in their society and even in the world.

In conclusion, although college students should consider their later job position as a key factor in order to choose their field of study, they should investigate other main measures into account that have long term impact on human being’s life style and make important contribution to develop invaluable concepts.