The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants Recently butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States This change however has had little impact

The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants.

"Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little impact on our customers. In fact, only about 2 percent of customers have complained, indicating that an average of 98 people out of 100 are happy with the change. Furthermore, many servers have reported that a number of customers who ask for butter do not complain when they are given margarine instead. Clearly, either these customers do not distinguish butter from margarine or they use the term 'butter' to refer to either butter or margarine."

Write a response in which you discuss one or more alternative explanations that could rival the proposed explanation and explain how your explanation(s) can plausibly account for the facts presented in the argument.

In this memorandum, the business manager asserts that transmuting from butter to margarine has little impact on customers. The business manager cites two evidences. One of which suggests that very few people complain about this transformation. The other evidence indicates that customer can’t differentiate butter from margarine. While this argument may have merit, without ruling out other explanations, the business manager erroneously takes the correlation as a casual relationship and therefore makes his argument questionable.

The first fallacy in this argument is that the business manager...

----------------