Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.

The assertion that governments should focus more on the problems of the present rather than on the anticipated problems of the future is rather absolute in my opinion.

It is my contention that governments should strive to strike a balance between the resources they dedicate to solving the pressing problems of today and the ones dedicated for the potential problems of tomorrow, in accordance with their priorities and needs.

First of all, the present influences the way the future will look like and therefore, it would be quite unsustainable for a country to focus on solutions for the pressing problems of the moment without also concerning itself with the way in which those solutions might repercut and affect future generations.

For example, one of the most pressing problems of our days is global warming. In order to tackle this problem, governments are looking for long-term solutions , that will not only reduce the level of pollution today thus improving people’s lives but also, guarantee that generations to come will inherit a healthy, clean planet.

On the other hand, finding a solution to a problem requires resources, wheter it be material resources, time or energy. These resources are usually limited so in this sense, it is understandable that governments would establish a scale of priorities and deal first with the problems that are most pressing. For example, a country which is very poor, will naturaly tend to find a solution to help its people get out of misery and improve their standard of living. In order to do this, the country might at first opt for a solution that might not necessarily be very environmental-friendly, like industrialization, for example. However, as it develops and the lives of people improve, the country can and should start revising its development model and opt for more sustainable options, with an eye on the future and the legacy it leaves for the generations of tomorrow.

In conclusion, I believe that governments, even when dealing with today’s problems, should always keep an eye on the future and the potential consequences that the problems or solutions of the present might generate for the future. Furthermore, a fine balance is needed between the resources dedicated to the present and the ones needed for the future.

Sentence: On the other hand, finding a solution to a problem requires resources, wheter it be material resources, time or energy.
Error: wheter Suggestion: whether

Sentence: For example, a country which is very poor, will naturaly tend to find a solution to help its people get out of misery and improve their standard of living.
Error: naturaly Suggestion: naturally