Essay topics: A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.
Following a single national curriculum ensures equal opportunities for students all over the country. Further, it is easy to introduce new advancements in a system following a single curriculum; introduction of new topics in a system following different regional curriculum would require rigorous efforts.
When it comes to admission of students at college level, nation must encourage equal opportunities for all its students. Following different regional syllabuses, undermines policy regarding equal opportunity to students of distinct regions. For example, in India, there are different state boards having different school curriculums. There are also two national boards viz. CBSE and ICSE. It was found in some survey that state boards' syllabus are outdated and unsophisticated compared to national syllabuses. As such, students following state board curriculums find it hard to compete with students following a national one. It is obvious that more than 80% of students in elite IITs of India come from CBSE backgrounds. Hence, we can see that following different curriculum in different regions is unjustified; it is likely that some students have undue advantage over others in case of different regional curriculums.
Besides providing equal opportunities, single national curriculum also provides ease of amendment. For example, educational reformist want some new material to be added in school education on nationwide level. It will take years for amending each regional syllabuses separately. While, it would take only months to amend a nationwide syllabus; this corrected syllabus would be available to every region at the same time.
However, there are some demerits associated with following single national curriculum. Like, a national curriculum might fail to address some regional educational aspects like regional languages and traditions.
Nevertheless, advantages of single national curriculum are convincing and are sufficient to neglect any of its nugatory disadvantages.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|14 hours 7 min ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|14 hours 8 min ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|14 hours 16 min ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|14 hours 17 min ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|5 days 21 hours ago||harshyop||50||Read full essay|
|6 days 5 hours ago||thethojedo||66||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||308115052||66||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 6 days ago||ewood28||66||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||K1307||50||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 5 days ago||Gagan Deep Sharma||50||Read full essay|
- Statement of purpose (96.66670000000001)
- Educators should base their assessment of students' learning not on students' grasp of facts but on the ability to explain the ideas, trends, and concepts that those facts illustrate. (76.66670000000001)
- "Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as (70)
- The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them, not by their contemporaries. (63.076900000000002)
- Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them. (67.36839999999999)
- The vice president of human resources at Climpson Industries sent the following recommendation to the company's president."A recent national survey found that the majority of workers with access to the Internet at work had used company computers for perso (80)
- "Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre productions. In spite of increased advertising, we are attracting fewer and fewer people to our shows, causing our profits t (69.2308)
- Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent (85)
- Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain. (52)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involv (91.66670000000001)