People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.

The statement is about the people who are passionate, determined and to the extreme who are adamant about their life. People take everything in their life with so much seriously that they even do not know when it becomes their weakness. This is what the author mentioned here. Though, I do not purport the author completely. The passion and determination are the driving forces which make a person to achieve his goal.

A student who is determined to get selected in a reputed university for his graduation will achieve by his hard work and determination. And, these both factors get inculcate in an individual by his commitment only. So, it will not be justifiable to say that commitment brings criticality to one's life. In spite of, every person should be committed to his goal.

On the other hand, extreme of passion makes a person failure in his life. It brings discontentment and dissatisfaction in life. The examples can be cited from the talent shows, which are the source of entertainment for the public. A kid, who is passionate about dancing and singing and working hard to get selected for these shows. But, unfortunately, he could not make it. His passion and hard work all got wasted. In such scenario, he may get frustrated of life and may choose to end up his life. Similarly. there have been numerous examples from Bollywood, where an aspiring actor or actress becomes totally devastated.

Extreme of passion inhibits a person from doing further advances in life. Though, it is a kind of mental disorder as described by the medical science. life is meant to enjoy. Failure will be followed by the success. One should not loose heart that it becomes pain for us.

To sum it up, I would say, there needs to be a limit to passion. It should not cross that limit. Otherwise, the life will become meaningless.