Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Not all the scandals are true. Some of them are generated solely for the purpose of initiator's advantage. This happens mostly in political issues. A person who is in higher position is often involved in some controversy. To expose the truth of a controversy, we need to do a thorough research, collect all the evidences relating to the scandal and try to study them on an unbiased side.

If a scandal is true then of-course it is useful as stated in the statement. We will have our attention on the issue, and by going through the issue we will be able to make our decision on the person who is involved in the scandal. These scandals not only happen in political field, but also in academic field, professional field and also personal life.

In whatever field it is, it effects our future life. As said in the statement, a person for example in academic field, if he has done something against the academic rules, then he will be in danger of getting admission to higher level education. People always make a background check before making any decision. This is where scandals are useful. Scandals make people think about a decision.

On the other side, if scandals are not true, it can hurt a person so much that he can never be able to recover from that kind of accusation. It may ruin the future of that person until and unless he is cleared from that scandal and prove to the society that he has not done anything as such.

Hence, in my opinion, scandals are useful only if they are true and shed light on the real problem which has occurred, otherwise it simply damages a person future and it may have adverse effects on the public too.

Sentence: It may ruin the future of that person until and unless he is cleared from that scandal and prove to the society that he has not done anything as such.
Description: The tag a conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by and
Suggestion: Refer to until and and
Description: The fragment not done anything is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace done with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: If a scandal is true then of-course it is useful as stated in the statement.
Error: of-course Suggestion: of course

You need to expand your vocabulary words on writing.