Essay topics: Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently committed to particular principles and objectives.
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.
Country's future mainly depends upon the political leaders. They are responsible for social economic development of country. Effective leaders means decide anything considering every aspect like public opinion, current situation etc.People have elected them to take best decision which is beneficial for country. So, i am not fully agree with the author's statement.
If we look back in history we can see that every successful leader had own principle. Their principle can be different but the main thing is development. They cannot give best to country under the influence of other principle. They should act independently. For example, Mahatma Gandhi was a follower of nonviolence and he used nonviolence as a weapon to fight for independence .He was not influenced by other people who support violence. We can also take Hitler as a example his principle was different from most of the people but still the aim was same to revitalize the country's power. If those leaders followed the public opinion then most probably they could have not achieve those arduous task.
Contrary to above points some time it becomes necessary for the leaders to abandon principle for the sake of compromise. In some particular situation public opinion becomes more important .For example local market of particular region is getting affected by foreign supply of material. This way local people income will get reduced. So local people can demand their political leaders to make some policy changes to stop foreign investment in the market. In this situation people becomes more important in decision making. In this case leaders should not remain committed to old principles and they should accept those public demands.
In sum, I would say that political leaders should stick to their own principle and opinion but also they should not ignore public opinion .Political leaders should take any decision in policy making, considering all the factors like current situation, public opinion etc.If there is any necessity of change arises due to above the reasons they should certainly modify related principle.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||jaspreet7799@ya...||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 days ago||812015941||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 days ago||flowerft2007||84.5||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 days ago||MelodyFu||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 4 days ago||Sril||62||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||Copperface||50||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 hours ago||pariah||86.5||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 days ago||rlagusdk||59.5||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||elifyeg||58||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||acxdcxmcx||66||Read full essay|
- The increasingly rapid pace of life today causes more problems than it solves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and suppor (66.66670000000001)
- Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development. (72.96299999999999)
- In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by the highway patro (80)
- Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu (85)
- The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting (86)
- Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia. Using an observation-centered approach to studying Tertian culture, he concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than (90)
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher (70)
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current (67.5)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because i (75)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at (90)