Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns

Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented above.

To have a moral society you need foundation of both morality and logical reasoning. If I was to pick one that I think is most beneficial I would go with logical reasoning.

Teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society than teaching morality.Logical reasoning is the foundation of morality, so if logical reasoning is taught,morality will follow its course. By teaching logical reasoning as the foundation of education we are arming students with logic and critical thinking skills that can be used in any situation. These skills can therefore be combined with what a person thinks is moral or immoral and thus produce a moral society.

Teaching morality would not benefit the society as much since who is to say what is more and what is not? You cannot teach a person every moral thing to do in this world.Therefore, if logical reasoning is taught, they can be equipped with logic that would help them make that decision.To give an example: Let's say a person is on life support and their spouse has the decision of pulling the plug or continuing to keep them on life support. If the spouse was taught morality as the foundation of education, is there a correct choice that he has been taught? Most likely now, but if the spouse was taught logical reasoning that he would weigh the pros and cons and what he/she believes is morally acceptable.

The reasons above explain my stance on this situation. I believe logical reasoning is the foundation one needs for morality.

Leave a blank space after punctuation marks.

Write the essay with more vocabulary words.