Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing an

People have different learning styles. Some would like to practice or even play around with the newly acquired knoweldge, whereas some would merely enjoy contemplating the knowledge in their own unique ways. There has been a debate whether students should always question what they learn instead of accepting it as the absolute truth. As question engenders not only a deeper understanding but also a good memory, they should be actually encouraged to question them at all cost.

To begin with, questioning of a new knowledge leads to a deeper understanding. In fact, that is how many influencial inventors, scientists, and even musicians have evolved from the mediocre students. One great example would be Einstein. Since his childhood, he had exhibited a proclivity of refusing to accept any knowledge. He even questioned why mathematics worked in the way it did - this sparked a grave turning point for young Einstein, as he was kicked out from the school. With the cordial helps from his parents, however, he was able to study to fulfill his questions: why did addition work as it did and other simple mathematical reasonings. After delving into the core nature of math, he was able to gain a more robust foundation in math, its logic, as well as its reasoning, which eventually contributed to his mathematical discovery of his renowned Theory of Relativity. Had he passively glossed over the introduction of simple math during his childhood, his understandings in math would have been tepid, too faltering to embody the most important equation in the realm of physics. As witnessed in case of Einstein, everyone, if zealous to acquire a next level of depth in certain topic, should readily question the given knowledge.

On the contrary, students who question tend to remember the such knowledge more easily than those who did not. This stems from the fact that students are forced to cogitate over the given knowledge more often than the passive ones. In order to refute or even qualify it, the students have to assemble all they have to formulate a rebuttal against it. One example would be found in the field of computer science. Computer science is one of the fields that require numerous revisions, trials, and re-attempts to debug errors in its code. Naturally, the computer scientist has to examine the surrounding as well as other relevant code blocks to grasp and trace the root of the error. The more they parse the code, the more accustomed they get to the overall structure and function of the given code. Similiarly, this sense of rememberance arised after repeated examinations to descry an error in seemingly impeccable object can be also witnessed in studying any topic. Endeavoring to catch and debunk an error in any knowledge would allow the students to remember it and accel at their studies. Thus, the students should question to remember more easily of the topic.

As a result, acquiescing the knowledge as truth without much deliberation would cause a detrimental harm to the learner. Questioning purveys the students with cachets of remembering and understanding more deeply into the subject. After all, whether small or not, these questions collectively can lead us to bright minds and inspirations that form what we know as inventions and discoveries.