True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.

The statement infers that the success of an individual can be measured by the goal he sets for himself. It will be right to say that the goal determines the success, but there are other factors also, which should be taken into account while talking about the success. The goal targeted by an individual person could be an easy one or hard one. It can be easily achievable or may need hard work to achieve. The success depends on the number of parameters like time period to achieve the goal, the perfection with which the goal is achieved, and of course how high the goal has been set. These all factors make me to disagree with the statement.

For an athlete, the success depends that how quickly he performs his objective. A runner has to complete his run in the minimum possible time to get the success. For a painter, the success depends that how finely he can paint his ideas. For a dancer, it is representation of his feeling through his moves and body. Hence, it will not be right to say that success depends on the goal one sets for himself.

Sometimes even success comes as an impromptu, Newton just watched a falling apple and his imagination made him to derive the law of gravitation, which made him famous in the world. So, success could be even unplanned. The thought process, and continuous desire to achieve something make you a successful person. Edwin Jenner, Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates are the examples from variegated fields. They never set any goal to achieve But, still they achieved success.

Success come by time. A person can not get success in a day or two. It needs continuous determination and hard work. However, if a person sets his target diligently and sincerely, then, he will surely achieve the success. As per a famous saying. " As you sow. so you reap ". The students setting goal to achieve a defined percentage in the exam surely achieve it. It required hard work only.

To sum it up i would say that the set goal can also be helpful to get the success till they are set diligently and sincerely.

More words wanted to get higher marks.

For issue essays, better to have 450+ words, for argument essays, 400+ words.