True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and su

True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position

As D.H. Lawrence said “All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people, For they dream their dreams with open eyes, And make them come true.” Although you could argue some examples of success to come without much effort I do believe that to be truly successful you have to be ambitious, even if your goal is to get out of bed in the morning.

Perhaps to most obvious example could be a famous, successful business man who manages his own company and makes millions every year. True, it might be so that he inherited his father empire and did not have to do much effort to become successful. Yet the mere fact that this person has to get up in the morning and go to work as well as managing and maintaining the company’s successful position within the market is a goal he sets for himself. Thus, with no goals there could be no success. If he was not ambitious the company would go under and the opposite of success would be achieved.

On the other hand we can look at a successful person that came from nothing and made it to a famous and successful artist, like for instance Jan Fabre, a well know and also notorious, Belgian artist and performer. He came from a normal family background without much wealth or financial support of his family. But he was ambitious and through struggle and trial and error he is now internationally known and sells his artwork for millions of Euros. If it were not for his own goals to create art and make a difference with his controversial style of theatre performances he would not be where he is now.

In conclusion, true success can only be the result of the goals you set for yourself. It might be true that some people are more lucky then others in getting support of some kind from family or sponsors but if they were not ambitious they would go nowhere with that support and fail. Only a person who sets goals in life and wants to achieve them will know true success.