Essay topics: .
Each country or each region can boast with his own national values, which help to know and to understand the people of that region, their life and their culture. One of that values that is defined as a symbol of a culture of particular region is culinary. Different nationalities have different traditional foods, which distinguish them from each other and if we look attentively to the ways of producing, acquiring and preparing of that foods, it will give us a chance to gain deep understanding about the culture of a particular country. Let’s see every of these processes separately and find out from which parts they consist.
The first process that is difficult and at the same time very important for almost everyone is producing. According to the research that have been made by Economic Research Service (USDA)- "Food market structures: Overview" and Food Standards Agency (UK)- "Industry" , it can be said that majority of foods that we use on daily basis are raw at the first stage, therefore, producing process includes the methods and techniques used to transform raw ingredients into food for human consumption. Almost all products that we see in markets, before being available for sale, are converted into marketable food items. Beginning from the minimal processing, such as cleaning and packaging, the production industry is responsible for more complicated processes, involving lots of additives and ingredients. In addition to all of these stages we also have to mention the popular method called “Canning” and adding artificial colors and flavors for making foods more appealing.
The second thing that comes after producing, is acquiring. In nowadays, there are many different markets in developed countries, where you can get roughly everything whatever you want. Take for example the Kroger in the USA, which is the country’s largest supermarket chain with the abundant and various departments, where even the rarest things concerning the different industries can be available. On the other hand, there are some countries where supermarkets are not so much popular and people in these countries prefer acquiring foods in alternative ways, such as hunting and fishing.
Finally, the first question that people ask after tasting some delicious food is the method of cooking. Therefore, first of all it will be most appropriate to talk about preparing, that including various steps, is the most interesting part of making food. Having a long history, the process of cooking of some traditional dishes passed on from generation to generation. Imagine you ate one food a century ago and can eat the same thing after one hundred years. For instance, the Chinese traditional meal the Dumplings, with the history of more than 1,800 years are widely popular in the north region of China. The food, which can be cooked by boiling, steaming, and frying, is made on Chinese New Year’s Eve and include five steps of preparation. The first stage is the Dumpling Wrappers that are made very carefully and already in the next step are filled with the special Dumpling Filling, which contains pork, eggs and cabbage. At the same time with this process, depending on one’s own taste, the dipping sauce also can be made. On the final step the Wrappers are cooked in the pan with the boiling water.
Taking into consideration all these facts, it can be concluded that there is no one way of producing, acquiring, and preparing food; it differs from country to country depending on one’s culture or nationality.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 hours 32 min ago||shaimaa elyamny||78||Read full essay|
|2 hours 58 min ago||Shahadattar||70||Read full essay|
|6 hours 38 min ago||Odiljon||89||Read full essay|
|9 hours 40 min ago||grahamoneil||61||Read full essay|
|9 hours 46 min ago||Odiljon||73||Read full essay|
|10 hours 19 min ago||mahabub||60||Read full essay|
|10 hours 32 min ago||Odiljon||84||Read full essay|
|10 hours 39 min ago||peerless alex||76||Read full essay|
|12 hours 13 min ago||Odiljon||84||Read full essay|
|12 hours 42 min ago||taraneh taj||90||Read full essay|
- . (3)
- Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? (80)
- “We believe that improved customer service is the best way for us to differentiateourselves from competitors and attract new customers. We can offer our customers betterservice by reducing waiting time in teller lines from an average of six minutes to a (66)
- “In the first four year that Montoya has served as mayor of the city of San Perdito, the population has decreased and the unemployment rate has increased. Two business have closed as mayor for four years before Montoya, the unemployment rate decreased (33)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (76)
- If you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire : an experienced worker at a higher salary or inexperienced worker at a lower salary? (90)
- It is necessary to be competitive in order to succeed in life. (10)
- The following appeared in the editorial section of a newspaper: “As public concern over drug abuse has increased, authorities have become more vigilant in their efforts to prevent illegal drugs from entering the country. Many drug traffickers have conse (50)
- As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate. (58)
- Unknown is necessary (16)