2.Claim: Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system.Reason: Laws cannot change what is in people's hearts or minds.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagreewith the claim and the rea

2.Claim: Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system.
Reason: Laws cannot change what is in people's hearts or minds.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree
with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Laws, by using punishment and sometimes by offering rewards _ like tax exemption_ have discouraged and encouraged people in doing deeds. Running the gamut from the most primitive civilizations of nomadic tribes, to the great nations, implementation of laws has given rise to the development of the societies. However, as the statement claims, many are those problems that laws cannot solve. The statement’s claim rests on a reason that laws cannot intrinsically influence the people.

To begin with, laws cannot encourage people in doing all necessary things. The most conspicuous example is the marriage. In every community, people are encouraged to get married. Marriage is the step toward making a relationship legal between two partners with the company of testimonials and signing the marriage papers. As the divorce records are attesting, the husband and wife's loyalty to each other cannot come merely from signing a paper. In family courtrooms, many are vying to take the patronage of their children, as after the divorce, they should be kept mostly by one of the parents. Such a separation affect the children’s life so badly and they are those who carry the burden of the divorce.

Furthermore, in the punishing part of the legislative system all problems cannot be efficiently solved. This is because without someone who watches an outlaw there is no guarantee that individuals remain lawful. Furthermore, there are lots of loopholes that opportunistic individuals can take advantage. Consider a crossroad with no cameras or no police in the middle of the night. Many of the accidents in cross roads happen because people think they can do away with the outlaw of passing a red-light. They do not think that laws are made for their safety. Especially young people who are in the age of delinquency, are inclined to do something and run away with it. Besides, polices and cameras cannot control everyone in society and everyone needs to have control of himself or herself.

As reason is concerned, what is inside the people cannot be influenced by laws because they are extrinsic motivations. So what can penetrate to inside? A decent nurture. By focusing on the proper nurture we can expect a society in which majority are aware enough to solve their problems without resorting to laws. The courtrooms will be less crowded and peace will rule in every corner when a decent nurture is instilled among people to observe the others' right. Husband and wives stick together with no cheating. Drivers respect others and wait for the red-lights to change to green and so on.

In short, as discussed, although laws are unquestionably required, they cannot be reliable for solving the whole problems of a society. In my idea, a decent nurture of people can do what the laws fail to accomplish.