79. Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing view point. Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.

79. Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing view point.
Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.

At the first place, by defending an idea against contrasting views, one can interpret this idea to make it logically as complete and perfect as possible. Interpreted in such a complete way, the value of ideas would be quickly shown. For the people who have to defend their ideas, they should firstly know what the advantages as well as disadvantages of his ideas. To convince others, these disadvantages should be explained in a well-prepared way, so that they are not likely to be used by opponents. By thinking like possible opponents, people will have stronger ability to solve problems in different ways, which may lead them to discover the value of certain idea thoroughly.

However, the reasons of the statement is incorrect to some extent. If there is no opponents interested in opposing this idea, will it is not possible for supporters to find the value the the idea? The answer should be yes. Defending an idea is not the only way for supporters to find the value of the ideas. At the very beginning, when people begin to support certain ideas, they have found the value of these ideas. For those opponents, once they are convinced, they acceed the value of the idea by being convinced by others rahter than convincing others. Thus, the reason is unjustifiable because defending the idea is not the only way to find the value of the idea.

Even assume the reason is reasonable, the claim is imperfect to some degree. To convince the opposing points, the idea may be interpreted by different people in different way. Hence its ability to convince others varies with different supporters and it is also unrealistic to measure the defending ability of certain idea. For some people, who have already discovered the true value of the idea by defending, they possibly cannot convince others, however, an incomplete interpretation does not represent this idea is incomplete.

In conclusion, although defending an idea can motivate people to discover its value, it is not the only way to prove this idea.

will it is not possible for supporters to find the value the the idea?
will it be not possible for supporters to find the value the the idea?

Sentence: If there is no opponents interested in opposing this idea, will it is not possible for supporters to find the value the the idea?
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: For those opponents, once they are convinced, they acceed the value of the idea by being convinced by others rahter than convincing others.
Error: rahter Suggestion: rather
Error: acceed Suggestion: No alternate word