All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling

All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Volunteering at our children schools can bring some good things in general. One could be that we would have more time to spend with our children, another one could be that we would be more included in school’s matters and be better informed about the situations that develop in it, deriving in well informed decisions about them, and it could help create better relations with teachers and other parents. However, demanding all parents to volunteer in their children school is completely unnecessary, and in the next paragraphs I will explain why I do not agree at all extent with the claim.

First, we must consider that most parents have jobs, and that their schedule juxtapose with that of the children most of the time, since it was probably arranged that way to have them in school while they were out of the house working. Analyzing this situation, we can conclude that several progenitors would not be able to volunteer, especially if their job considers leaving at working hours a cause for firing. Even in the cases when the parents schedule is not the same as the children’s, maybe they would be in their resting time, because they would have to take care of the children when they get home, leaving them only the time they are at school to sleep and rest, therefore impeding them to volunteer.

Continuing with the parents that could have the time to go and volunteer, one should be especially cautious with their involvement. While it may be true that some degree of it can be good for all parties, too much involvement can develop in a series of problems, such as unjustified and uncalled demands to the school and teachers. On the same page, if parents volunteer too much time in their children school, as any other activity when one spends too much time with someone, discussions would increase and they would derive in conflicts between parents and teacher, and even parents against parents. This could even create breaking ups in their children friendships.

Finally, school is a place for the children to not only study, but to create bonds with other children, develop and reaffirm social skills, making this stage a very important one. Having parents with them all day could diminish the child’s abilities to communicate with other children and in the future with other adults.

In conclusion, while having some available parents volunteer every once in a while could bring some benefits for teacher, children and parents alike, mandating that all of them should do it is completely unnecessary and could bring more issues than it would improve.