All too often, companies hire outside consultants to suggest ways for the company to operate more efficiently. If the companies were to spend more time listening to their own employees, such consultants would be unnecessary.Write a response in which you d

All too often, companies hire outside consultants to suggest ways for the company to operate more efficiently. If the companies were to spend more time listening to their own employees, such consultants would be unnecessary.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with these statements and explain the reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position you should consider the ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these conditions shape your position.

An Organization is successful when the people and entire system works in harmony. Quality work is of utmost importance for a company to rise in reputation as well as in txerms of monetary gains. Thus a company that works efficiently will become an ideal model for others. And efficiency can be maintained only when the system is dynamic. A company that changes itself to the needs of the people working and according to the demands of its customer will be ultimately successful. And i believe Outside consultants are best in suggesting the company management in ways it will be more efficient and helpful.

An outsider- an organization or person who will act as an unbiased person is best for the company. An outsider consultant will be able to provide the company with a disinterested opinion regarding various factors. He can conduct surveys among customers to get to know their requirements and expectations from the company. He can analyze their answers and can provide an extremely transparent review.

If people of the company are enquired of their opinions regarding making changes in the company, they may reason with the management out of self-interest, giving biased opinions. Every person today wishes to rise among his colleagues and be in the good books of his employer. This paves him a way to rise in his position and income. Thus, any such opportunity will not lost by an employee and the company ultimately will be at a loss.

Also, such tasks need to be handled by experts and not novices or even people who will not be able to criticise their organization. The organization If needs to work efficiently should know its positive as well as negative points and hence a third party is more preferable. Such a person can gradually study and analyze all the departments of the company and provide an overall review. However not all employees may have a complete idea regarding the work carried out in all the departments.

However it can also be considered that if various employees from all departments are consulted a company may get a review that is beneficial in improving itself, as the employees are the people who are directly related to the company and know every minute things in it. Also monetary factor needs to be considered when consulting an outsider consultant. It is possible for the company to hire an outsider only if he is cost-effective.

Thus, considering all the advantages and disadvantages of a consultant within a company or from outside, i believe it is very much preferable to have a third party consultant, which will provide the company with an unbiased, transparent and critical review after considering all the departments of a company as well as the expectations of the customers.