Claim : Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system.Reason: Laws cannot change what is in people's hearts or minds.

Man is the main element of the society - a society is flourished by its people, their traditions, cultures and morality. Having a good more character is the basic need for making a healthy and proper society. Enacting laws can prevent to pursue immorality in some extent but can't eradicate it from the society as it can't able to control people's mind.

A very common example regarding this can be taken into account by considering prohibition law on public smoking or spitting anywhere. To inhibit oneself by smoking publicly comes from proper morality and behavior. There are many laws enabled to prevent this unethical means but there is very few to abide by this. So, this situation can be overcome only by public cognizance and nurturing morality in students, the future backbone of a country, from their school life.

Now-a- days we can't imagine our life without internet. But progress in internet gives birth to cyber crime, a most alarming violence of social norms. Using modern technologies, some mendacious people are trying to hack other's bank account or official documents which pose a threat to net banking, national security etc.. Moreover, as in internet one can hide one's true identity it is very difficult to track those fraudulent.Moreover, as in internet one can hide one's true identity it is very difficult to track those fraudulent. Therefore, although there are many laws and legal actions enforced to hinder this promiscuity, laws can only punish those people strictly but can’t obliterate this sin from their minds.

Besides above mentioned examples, one most disturbing threat is terrorism. In third world countries people being deprived from human's basic needs-food,shelter and clothes are inclined to do any unethical means to provide square meal to their families provoking them to take theft, robbery as their earning ways. Moreover, these people having no educational background are unable to distinguish between good and evil, morality or immorality and can be easily persuaded to terrorist group with the promise of money. They are brainwashed in such a way that even stringent laws can't restrain them to launch ruthless actions on innocent peoples all over the world.

Therefore, enforcing laws can't prevent iniquitous people to accomplish brutal and unethical works. To build a healthy and proper society we have to instill good moral character in students and we have to edify them to differentiate between good and bad.

it can't able to control people's mind.
it isn't able to control people's mind.