Claim: Military training strategies, such as unit cohesion and drilling, are powerful techniques to use in a classroom.Reason: These strategies allow students to focus on a task and think like a team, supporting one another to reach a goal.Develop a respo

Claim: Military training strategies, such as unit cohesion and drilling, are powerful techniques to use in a classroom.
Reason: These strategies allow students to focus on a task and think like a team, supporting one another to reach a goal.
Develop a response to the claim in which you discuss whether or not you agree with it. Focus specifically on whether or not you agree with the reason upon which the claim is based.

It is often seen that senior military officials occupy posts that require high managerial skills post retiring from military service. The reason they are able to seamlessly transition into leadership posts in the civilian world is that the military imparts skills that are equally applicable in mainstream society. Thus, military training strategies such as unit cohesion and drilling are powerful techniques to use in a classroom.

One of the key guiding principles in the military is teamwork. The importance of working in a team can never be overstated in the civilian context as well. It is a widely accepted fact that teamwork often produces the best possible results. Given these facts, it becomes highly important to inculcate the value of teamwork at the classroom level. It is known that every successful military in the world exhibits admirable levels of teamwork. This is a testimony to the success of military training strategies such as unit cohesion and drilling in building strong teams. Given the success of these strategies and the importance of teamwork in everyday life, it would be smart to adopt these techniques in classrooms.

Further we seem to be headed for a future geared towards cut-throat competition. With unhealthy levels of competition gripping the student population, the institution of teamwork is under threat. The military is guided by the principle of "service before self" which is a key value to be inculcated in our youth. For a secure future, tomorrow's leaders must be guided by a spirit of service which military training strategies such as unit cohesion and drilling inculcate in abundance. Adopting these techniques at a rudimentary level would deeply inscribe the noble value of service into the hearts of students.

The proven track record of military techniques in developing selfless leaders, provides a strong case for adopting military training strategies at the classroom level. It is however important to note that students belong to a much lower age group. Keeping this in mind, we must adapt these techniques to accommodate the sensitivities of a young student and restructure them in a manner that is age appropriate.

they are able to seamlessly transition into leadership posts
they are able to seamlessly transit into leadership posts

in mainstream society.
in a mainstream society.