Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the

Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

The three E’s which are Exploration, Evolution and Excellence – The chance to experience these three stages are given to students by their colleges and universities and as a student I would support any recommendation that would help me explore, evolve and excel. The given recommendation is one of them. I believe that as a student if I would have been given the chance to study in a foreign country for one semester, I wouldn’t have missed it for anything. There are reasons I support this argument which I would discuss here.

Studying in a particular campus, in a particular way with the same time table every week can be a bit monotonous. So if ever this recommendation comes into the picture, it will be great and a beneficial change for them. They will be exposed to a different environment to study which could help them think in different ways, broader their range of ideas. They would be able to learn about the latest researches going on in that country, which could help them develop more insightfulness in their field of interest. They can study and explore different ways and methods and if they prove to be more advanced and successful than ours, then they can bring the methodologies back to home and help develop the home country.

This recommendation, for example, would be especially beneficial to a student of geography. If he gets a chance of going to another country and exploring its valleys and plains with all its mountains and rivers through his own eyes instead of reading them in books and watching on the internet – well we can all imagine what would that mean! That means that he will reach the next stage, which is Evolution and then Excellence will not be too far.

The only backdrop for this whole recommendation to be successful will be for the universities which do not get sufficient funding. They will not be able to provide the students with this opportunity. And if the students also are not so well off, they will miss this experience. This disparity, though, can be solved with external funding for excellent and passionate students, which should be easily available.

Also, a student who has this foreign studying experience would definitely gain a lot of experience and will achieve the three E’s very efficiently. Also this would benefit him in his future because these kind of excursions receive acknowledgement from other universities and corporations. So I strongly support this recommendation for the good of students, universities, societies, countries and finally the whole humanity.

Duplicate words or sentences. Look:
No. of Words: 427 while No. of Different Words: 204