Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and sup

Sending students to foreign universities to study for at least a semester sounds attractive, however all reasons for believing this can be refuted. Students attend colleges primarily to gain knowledge, but how will sending students to study in a foreign country for a semester contribute to a student's knowledge. It might be beneficial if the student gets an opportunity to study at an esteemed university, however this might not always be the case.

The statement suggest that students should study at least a semester in foreign country, but it’s not necessary that all the students would get the opportunity to study at better colleges, then their present college. Also because of this rule completion might develop among students and most students might only get average or below average foreign universities to study at, and what purpose would that solve. If this happens the student himself or herself will feel that it would have been better if she gets to study at her original college itself. Also, most students have running projects in their colleges. If a student has to leave for foreign study, he or she might have to abandon his or her project. Even if it’s against his or her interest, this would hinder the student's flexibility of working or researching his or her field of interest.

Another major issue is of expenses. Who will pay for travel, stay and tuition fee of foreign university, of course collage can't cover expenses of all students. Hence it is on to students to take care of expenses, and because of exchange rates between countries total cost can be very high, out of reach of an average student. For example one US Dollar is equivalent to almost 60 Indian Rupee. If a student from India has to spend a semester at an American university, than the expenses incurred by the student's family would be in lakhs.

Although, supporters of this view might argue that spending a semester at a foreign university would give a student more exposure and opportunities, which one can't get in his or her home country. But this is the very reason why many universities sign memorandum of understanding with foreign universities. Under a memorandum of understanding a college or university can send few interested students to select foreign universities. In fact even my university has signed a memorandum of understanding with University of Southern California (USC) and every year few motivated students visit USC for research and other academic purposes.

Ultimately, it should be left to students to decide what’s best for them. Making a general policy would limit their flexibility and can also affect them economically. Students interested in gaining foreign exposure can always apply independently, or if their college has any MOUs signed with foreign universities they can be helpful as well.

Sentence: Who will pay for travel, stay and tuition fee of foreign university, of course collage can't cover expenses of all students.
Error: collage Suggestion: No alternate word

Don't use 'however', 'but' a lot. Look:
'however all reasons ..., but how will sending students to ..., however this might not always be the case.'

Some duplicate words or sentences. Look: