Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Educational institutes play a major role in shaping the life of everyone. They initiate the learning curve for each individual. I partially agree to the claim ‘Educational Institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed’.

There was a time when Galileo was scoffed by the Church when he claimed earth is not flat. He was ostracized from the Christian society. It was his sheer determination and confidence that proved the world wrong and led to a completely new theory. What we learn from this is that success in imminent to failure. One should never stop trying regardless of what others say.

Moving on to the late 20th century, J.K. Rowling, the renowned author visited numerous publishers for her famous fictional series Harry Potter. She was rejected again and again, but she never lost hope, burned the midnight oil for finding a publisher. And on this date we all know how successful she is. Similarly, there are many exceptional stories of people who have failed over and over again just before succeeding ; Thomas Edison failed miserably before inventing Electric bulb, Michael Jordan was rejected from his High School team and today he is considered one of the best basketball player the world has ever produced etc.

On the contrary, one may think that what about others who fail to leave their footprint on sands of time only because of choosing a wrong carrier. We all know that in today’s world the number of successful people are less than number of unsuccessful people. So, to overcome this problem Educational institutes can play a major role. They should help the students in discovering what they are good at. It has been rightly said in the book Hugo that “World is like a machine, and a machine is only complete when all its part are working, all the parts are equally important”. It is up to each individual to find the purpose of his existence and to help complete the world, and with the help from schools and colleges this will be a far more productive world.

From the above examples I conclude that it is the responsibility of the Educational institutions to help students find and work on their areas of interest. They should never dissuade students against their passion.

The essay is not exactly right on the topic.

More arguments wanted.