If everyone would closely examine their past, they would realize that only a few individuals have played a role in shaping their behaviour and their way of thinking.

Why are you so shy? Why are so confident? Why do you have this kind of temper and not the other? Everyone at least once was concerned about these kind of questions. And almost everyone was surprised to find out that only a few individuals were responsible for formation of their behavior, in most cases at an early age.

Although some may argue that a significant influence on the person’s behavior and way of thinking may take place only when he or she is consciousness about it, the basis formation of a personality are believed to be formed during childhood – the stage, when a child is strongly influenced by parents and family members. This argument can be supported by the fact, that a child is more prone to copy ones behavior than a grown man does. Every child is curious about the world around. He asks questions about it. And the nearest ones to answer are his parents. In this way, parents represent strong authority for a child, that is not to be questioned.

The amount of people that have an influence on our behavior is also limited to the fact, that we usually have 1-3 heroes or idols in our lives. Once the basis of our behavior is formed by parents, we tend to seek the same properties in others and, eventually, start to develop this properties more. At this stage, our behavior is molded in the way we desire – we chose the people – but, still, it is not a lot of them.

There is a Russian saying that states that someone’s temper can be changed only in a grave. It means that it is hard to change someone’s behavior. In order to do so, a person must be under an influence for a long period of time. So, it is obvious, that it is hard for a person to be in contact with many people in the way and manner that will be enough to influence one’s behavior.

All in all, the way we think and behave is determined by small group of people, parents mostly.

Sentence: This argument can be supported by the fact, that a child is more prone to copy ones behavior than a grown man does.
Suggestion: Refer to ones and behavior

Sentence: Once the basis of our behavior is formed by parents, we tend to seek the same properties in others and, eventually, start to develop this properties more.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and properties