It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are generated and preserved.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developin

It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are generated and preserved.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Some of us deeply believe that a nation's cultural traditions are generated and preserved in cities. Is this statement accurate? As far as I am concerned, it is not due to the fact that urban life has a deteriorating effect on national traditions. Therefore I disagree with the issue.

To begin with, some of us aver that traditions are created and preserved in towns; however, those two processes seem to be in conflict with each other. The city's life has its specific characteristics which require form a person to adapt to them and give up one's traditions. To illustrate an idea we may take look at New York. This big city is a home for several millions of people who have different background, nationalities adhere to distinct confession, political views as well as other characteristics. They have to live and work with each other. To be able to do it, they have to try to find a new, common ground and therefore they have to abolish their traditions and even language. For instance, a new student from rural Nigeria who gets used to walk without shoes may be forced to use a pair of boot after one moved into city because the new environment and new traditions require it from him. However, if we find out that new culture is forged in cities, where the national traditions are preserved?

The answer on this question is simple "rural areas" which are removed from outsiders and newcomers. In fact, in many villages people adhere to old style-life and without outside impact century-old traditions are kept well-preserved. Perhaps, one of the best examples of this stance, we may find in Russia, where recently a group of historians has published the results of their trip to Siberia. They have found a village which dwellers confess an ancient branch of Christianity which was banned by the Ivan the third in the 1500s. People who live in the area have only limited and rare contacts with modern people, and they preserved those interesting and old traditions, songs, tales and myths. This example illustrates that many traditions are kept well-preserved in the countryside.

Of course, someone may ask but what about Luxemburg and Vatican? Indeed those two countries are unique because they have very high percentage of urbanization up to one hundred per cent. Those states have their unique history which differs them from other countries and perhaps extrapolation of situation of those city-states is unreasonable due to the fact that they present extremely rare deviations which statistically may be neglected because less than 0,5 per cent of planet's population inhabit those countries.

In conclusion, some of us believe that nation's cultural traditions are created and preserved in the cities; however, this idea seems to be unwarranted, and we have demonstrated that in majority of cases new traditions are generated in urban areas and old traditions are preserved in villages.

many traditions are kept well-preserved in the countryside.
many traditions are well-preserved in the countryside.

It is wrong with the argument 3. Need another argument to support 'It is primarily in "rural areas" that a nation's cultural traditions are generated and preserved.'

The pattern is like this:

paragraph 1: introduction. Your ideas/opinions here. I support side A.

paragraph 2: Admittedly, there are some advantages of side B. First, ... Second, ...

paragraph 3: However, still I support side A. reason 1 + why reason 1 + example for reason 1 + a small conclusion for reason 1.

paragraph 4: In addition, reason 2 + why reason 2 + example for reason 2+ a small conclusion for reason 2.

paragraph 5: conclusion.

or this pattern:

paragraph 2: first, reason 1 + why reason 1 + example for reason 1 + a small conclusion for reason 1.

paragraph 3: In addition, reason 2 + why reason 2 + example for reason 2+ a small conclusion for reason 2.

paragraph 2: Admittedly, there are some advantages of side B. First, ... Second, ...However, there is not relation....so still i support side A

paragraph 5: conclusion.
----------------------