Learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline; students cannot be motivated by school or college alone.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position y

Learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline; students cannot be motivated by school or college alone.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or mig

Learning is a convoluted idea, due to the simple fact that it is subjective to each and every person and should we try and pour it into a closed narrow convection, one such convection could be a measure of how much we learn at a given time; Another, could be how fast do we master a practice. We can argue that learning is, partially, a matter of personal discipline as the issue claims on one hand, but simultaneously, argue that students, implicitly, can be motivated by schools and colleges.

Schools are designed to convey real world problems in a supportive environment, such that a student will be able to focus at the matter at hand. A school’s motivation is for students to adhere to core issues, be it in what are the roles of government and a citizenship in a democracy, or how electrical circuits operate within computers, the separation of real world issue and the core issue allows the student. By exposing the most interesting, bare bones issue of a problem, a school tries arouse interest his students. This exposure is important due to the fact that every student has a different background. Students from hard working families, middle and high classes and even different societies. Chinese people, for instance, might have less knowledge of open source software, due to government restrictions. Students lacking background, might not even be aware of their interest - and it is the school that lights the flame of motivation.

However, even if we do suppose a common background for all students, we can’t expect all students to have the effervescent enthusiasm of the great inventors, scholars or even of that which defines the lucrative world of high tech companies. A school can motivate its students by the carrot or by the stick, a juxtaposition between the well cushioned school environment and its strict rules of conduct - classwork, homework and tests - where students are kept under a strict system of rules. It is through this system, students develop the set of working skill and through it, motivation to work, learn and gain knowledge.

Nonetheless, schools are a means and not the goal. Realistically, we live in a world in which some of the greatest minds and people who changed the lives of humanity itself, have been either thrown out of school, such in the case of Albert Einstein, or have left school, to open new high tech companies, such in the case of Google and Facebook. It is true, unlike the former example, for the latter it was excess motivation has rolled this chain of events.

In summary, learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline; students cannot be motivated by school or college alone. However, it is personal discipline that can be taught through the act of learning.

Most of the content is about 'students cannot be motivated by school or college alone.';

more arguments wanted for 'learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline'.

----------------------