A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo

A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Standardisation is the key to development, without it is very difficult to imagine the world in its present scenario. Similarly, standardisation in education is equally important. I partly agree to the authors recommendation that " a nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college."

Studying the same curiculum through out the nation will lead to a single and common evaluation system. This will make the admission process to colleges and universities simpler. Students now can be evaluated on common grounds. Previously students would have to take up many different entrance exams because of different school curiculum systems. Also in many cases there are differences between various curiculums, some stress more towards literature while some more towards maths. So a student from literature background may find it difficult to cope up with the student from maths background on a maths entrance test for a particular university.

If the above recommendation is not implemented then it will be very difficult for the student moving from one part of the country to other to adopt the new local or regional curiculum. This will make the learning process more cumbersome. Also after implementing the authors recommendation, it is possible to organise national level academic competitions which would not be bias to a particular curiculum given everyone studies the same curiculum.

While a single national curiculum has merits, it has demerits also. It may happen that many students who do not like the national curiculum may find it difficult to be motivated towards academics. So, in this case there is no alternative for such students. In addition to it, there are many students who are inclined more towards extra-curicular activities such as sports, drama, politics etc. In order to cope with the needs of these students there must be a differnt curiculum which gives less stress on academics.

Conclusively, a nation should have a single academic oriented curiculum making the learning process unifrom and an alternative curiculum which does not stress much on academics.

Sentence: Studying the same curiculum through out the nation will lead to a single and common evaluation system.
Error: curiculum Suggestion: curriculum

Sentence: Previously students would have to take up many different entrance exams because of different school curiculum systems.
Error: curiculum Suggestion: curriculum

Sentence: Also in many cases there are differences between various curiculums, some stress more towards literature while some more towards maths.
Error: curiculums Suggestion: curriculums

Sentence: If the above recommendation is not implemented then it will be very difficult for the student moving from one part of the country to other to adopt the new local or regional curiculum.
Error: curiculum Suggestion: curriculum

Sentence: Also after implementing the authors recommendation, it is possible to organise national level academic competitions which would not be bias to a particular curiculum given everyone studies the same curiculum.
Error: curiculum Suggestion: curriculum

Sentence: While a single national curiculum has merits, it has demerits also.
Error: curiculum Suggestion: curriculum

Sentence: It may happen that many students who do not like the national curiculum may find it difficult to be motivated towards academics.
Error: curiculum Suggestion: curriculum

Sentence: In addition to it, there are many students who are inclined more towards extra-curicular activities such as sports, drama, politics etc. In order to cope with the needs of these students there must be a differnt curiculum which gives less stress on academics.
Error: curiculum Suggestion: curriculum
Error: extra-curicular Suggestion: extracurricular
Error: differnt Suggestion: different

Sentence: Conclusively, a nation should have a single academic oriented curiculum making the learning process unifrom and an alternative curiculum which does not stress much on academics.
Error: unifrom Suggestion: uniform
Error: curiculum Suggestion: curriculum